In July, the High Weald Lewes Havens Clinical Commissioning Group’s (HWLH CCG) Governing Body approved the roll-out of the Award winning model of care, called; The Dementia Golden Ticket.
Phased implementation will begin from October 2017.
In light of this fantastic news, HWLH CCG will be holding a 2.5 hour Session so that you can see the final model of care that will be implemented in your locality, the services which will be on offer and the stakeholder roles which will play a key part in its delivery.
This will be a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn about the innovative model of care, and meet and greet people you may be working with and meeting in the future.
It’s important that a representative from the various organisations in the area attends the event, so that information can be cascaded to your teams. From October 2017, patients with a diagnosis of Dementia will be issued a Golden Ticket and your organisation, or you as a carer, will need to know what this means for that patient/carer, which you may be supporting.
Please therefore hold this event in your diaries:
Dementia Golden Ticket Stakeholder Event
Friday 22 September 2017
The Main Hall, Meridian Centre, Meridian Way, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8BB
A draft agenda is outlined below:
- 1 hour Session, 2.00-3.00pm
Introduction to the Dementia Golden Ticket Model of Care
- Welcome and Introductions (CCG Representative)
- The Dementia Golden Ticket Model of Care (Clinical Lead for Dementia, Dr Emma Costello)
- Meet the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Golden Ticket Team
- Introduction to ‘Blip’ Clinics (Primary Care/SPFT)
- Review Meetings – (Clinical Lead for Dementia, Dr Emma Costello)
2. 3.00-3.15pm comfort break
3. 1 hour Session, consisting of 10 Minute 2 slide presentation, 3.15-4.05:
‘Our Role in the GT model of Care and How to contact us’
- Dementia Guide Service (ESCC)
- Post-Diagnosis Wellbeing Services – Memory Cafes and Choirs (Know Dementia)
- Post-Diagnosis Exercise Classes (Freedom/Wave Leisure)
- Admiral Nurses (Wendy Weiner)
4. Q&A, 4.05-4.30pm
5. Close at 4.30pm
For any queries, the contact at HWLH CCG is:
Project Support Officer
High Weald Lewes Havens CCG
36-38 Friars Walk, Lewes, BN7 2PB
Direct Line: 01273 485434
All Freedom of Information Requests should be sent to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact Kate Davies, Chair, Meridian Mature Citizens Forum
Tel: 01273 516207